Field Specific Rules:
Neary and Lundblad fields:
- Absolutely no parking on Neary Access Road or Parkerville road at any time. You must park in parking lot in front of Neary
- Under no circumstances should cars stop along the side of the fields to drop off or pick anyone up. All cars must proceed to the parking lot to drop off or pick up passengers.
- Under no circumstances should cars enter or exit the Verizon complex from the Deerfoot Road entrance.
- Do not park or drive on the fire road in front of the building for any reason.
- Do not drive around or park in the rear of the building.
- Remove all trash from the area when you leave.
- No Dogs are allowed at the Verizon Complex
Field Rain Policy - What do I do if it rains?
The policy on use of fields during rain is set by the Town Recreation dept. Each coach is instructed to call the Rec. hot line at 508-485-0710, Press 8 for Special Announcements.. Coaches must notify parents and opposing coach 1 hour prior to the scheduled start of a game cancellation. If during the game, the field becomes saturated with standing water, it is the responsibility of the coach and referee to use common sense to ensure child safety and call the game.
All coaches assigned to a field are responsible to monitor parent and sibling adherence to the Parking and Field usage policy, While Coaches are not expected to police the offending party, Coaches are expected to inform the parents of the policies and then notify the SYSA board.
Where SYSA is a guest of a private field, as in the Verizon or Fay fields, The coach must be especially cognizant of any offending party. Offenses including parking in restricted or no parking areas, driving on restricted areas as well as climbing on or damaging private property. SYSA risks loss of use for any private field and takes seriously its responsibility to adhere to private property rules and policies.